« The How of Innovation |
Leading Blog Main Page
| First Look: Leadership Books for June 2009 »
LeadershipNow 140: May 2009 Compilation
Here are a selection of tweets
from May 2009:
- Ten Fatal Flaws That Derail Leaders HBR http://ow.ly/9Piu
- Mulally on Ford: "This is a huge enterprise and the magic is, everybody knows the plan." How well are you communicating?
- Edison’s genius lay in his ability to conceive a fully developed marketplace, not simply a discrete device ~Tim Brown IDEO
- Our competencies enable and restrict the range of leadership roles we will be able to perform well.
- How to manage the clever squad: It is time to reframe the debate about talent and start thinking about clever people.
- All the truly grt armies in history had a cause that inspired the individual to remarkable heights of courage & endurance ~Eisenhower
- The task of leadership is to create an alignment of strengths in ways that make weaknesses irrelevant. ~Peter Drucker
- We don’t first find leaders and hope they take on the qualities of a servant. We need to find servants and let them be leaders ~Cole
- To paraphrase Thomas Carruthers, a leader is one who makes themselves progressively unnecessary.
- Life reveals who we are inside. Life is the test of the measure of your leadership. ~Neil Cole http://ow.ly/8aDf
- A model of action or agreement: Some leaders simply tell people what to do, while others try to build consensus.. http://tinyurl.com/rbyh3d
- Fund mgr James Chanos explained in 2007, "It is the regulated bits of the system you should worry about!" How true. http://ow.ly/6F6c
- No such thing as dysfunctional org because every org is perfectly aligned to achieve the results it currently gets. We want it that way!
- Soar above the skyful of lies: If we are to manage the increased flow of information, first we have to learn to ... http://tinyurl.com/o3jcv7
- Rick Smith: To be successful, you need to earn every relationship. Good Post: http://ow.ly/5Pfj
- If we keep our focus too tight, we may miss the opportunities all around us.
- 'Shrink to Win' Isn't Much of a Strategy http://twurl.nl/bkf6bj
- Goodbye Bland Affluence http://twurl.nl/up47pe
- A man should swallow a toad every morning to be sure of not meeting with anything more revolting in the day ahead ~Nicolas Chamfort
- The Secret faithful have been left standing at curb dutifully visualizing a new Ferrari as the repo man takes the Ford http://ow.ly/4HY7
See more on Twitter
Posted by Michael McKinney at 08:42 AM
| Comments (0)
| TrackBacks (0) | LeadershipNow 140
TrackBack URL for this entry: