Secure Online Ordering Guaranteed!
Principle-Centered Leadership : Strategies for Personal and Professional Effectiveness
Stephen R. Covey
LS Price: $10.88
You Save: $5.12 (32%)
Availability: Usually ships within 24 hours.
Format: Paperback, 335pp.
Pub. Date: October 1992
Average Customer Review:
Order This Book!|
Secure Order Guarantee
Item No: 9780671792800
Description and Reviews
From The Publisher:
How do we as individuals and organizations survive and thrive amid tremendous change? Why are efforts to improve falling so short in real results despite the millions of dollars in time, capital, and human effort being spent on them? How do we unleash the creativity, talent, and energy within ourselves and others in the midst of pressure? Is it realistic to believe that balance among personal, family, and professional life is possible? Stephen R. Covey demonstrates that the answer to these and other dilemmas is Principle-Centered Leadership, a long-term, inside-out approach to developing people and organizations. The key to dealing with the challenges that face us today is the recognition of a principle-centered core within both ourselves and our organizations. Dr. Covey offers insights and guidelines that can help you apply these principles both at work and at home - leading not just to a new understanding of how to increase quality and productivity, but also to a new appreciation of the importance of building personal and professional relationships in order to enjoy a more balanced, more rewarding, more effective life.
From Library Journal:
The great ``angst'' of life has seemingly gripped us all, and there seems to be no limit to the number of writers offering answers to the great perplexities of life. Covey, however, is the North Star in this field. Following his successful Seven Habits of Highly Effective People (S. & S., 1989), Covey now responds to the particular challenges of business leaders by applying his natural laws, or principles, of life to organizations. Covey explains these laws (security, guidance, wisdom, and power), and discusses how seven-habits practice and focus on these principles will result in personal and organizational transformation. He reminds us that personal and organizational success is hard work, requires unwavering commitment and long-term perspective, and is achievable only if we are prepared for a complete paradigm shift in our perspective. Without hesitation, strongly recommended for all management collections.-- Dale Farris, Groves, Tex.
Send us your favorite quotes or passages from this book.
About the Author
Stephen R. Covey is a renowned authority on leadership, a family expert, teacher, organizational consultant, and vice chairman of FranklinCovey Co. The author of several acclaimed books, he has also received numerous honors and awards, including being named one of Time magazine's twenty-five most influential Americans. Covey lives with his wife, Sandra, and their family in the Rocky Mountains of Utah.
Table of Contents
- Preface: A Principle-Centered Approach ..... 13
- Section 1: PERSONAL AND INTERPERSONAL EFFECTIVENESS
- Introduction to Section 1 ..... 29
- Chapter I Characteristics of Principle-Centered Leaders ..... 33
- Chapter 2 Seven Habits Revisited ..... 40
- Chapter 3 Three Resolutions ..... 48
- Chapter 4 Primary Greatness ..... 57
- Chapter 5 A Break with the Past ..... 67
- Chapter 6 Six Days of Creation ..... 79
- Chapter 7 Seven Deadly Sins ..... 87
- Chapter 8 Moral Compassing ..... 94
- Chapter 9 Principle-Centered Power ..... 101
- Chapter 10 Clearing Communication Lines ..... 109
- Chapter 11 Thirty Methods of Influence ..... 119
- Chapter 12 Eight Ways to Enrich Marriage and Family Relationships 130
- Chapter 13 Making Champions of Your Children ..... 144
- SECTION 2: MANAGERIAL AND ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Introduction to Section 2 ..... 153
- Chapter 14 Abundance Managers ..... 157
- Chapter 15 Seven Chronic Problems ..... 163
- Chapter 16 Shifting Your Management Paradigm ..... 173
- Chapter 17 Advantages of the PCL Paradigm ..... 181
- Chapter 18 Six Conditions of Empowerment ..... 190
- Chapter 19 Managing Expectations ..... 202
- Chapter 20 Organizational Control Versus Self-Supervision ..... 210
- Chapter 21 Involving People in the Problem ..... 217
- Chapter 22 Using Stakeholder Information Systems ..... 224
- Chapter 23 Completed Staff Work ..... 236
- Chapter 24 Manage from the Left, Lead from the Right ..... 244
- Chapter 25 Principles of Total Quality ..... 250
- Chapter 26 Total Quality Leadership ..... 261
- Chapter 27 Seven Habits and Deming's 14 Points ..... 267
- Chapter 28 Transforming a Swamp into an Oasis ..... 278
- Chapter 29 Corporate Constitutions ..... 288
- Chapter 30 Universal Mission Statement ..... 295
- Chapter 31 Principle-Centered Learning Environments ..... 302
- Epilogue: Fishing the Stream ..... 313
- A Personal Note ..... 323
- Acknowledgments ..... 325
- Index ..... 327
Write your own online review.
Find Items On Similar Subjects
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
The 8th Habit: From Effectiveness to Greatness